Monday, May 21, 2012

What a week!!!! 21 May 2012

Hello Family and Friends,

"Wow" is the only word I can use to describe what this week has been like! I think it is so interesting how the weeks that you are having the lowest of lows, you also have the highest of highs! All in one week!

It's also amazing how physically exhausting it is to be on such a spiritual high! I found that out in the MTC, and just when I think I can't get any more tired I have another amazing experience that drains my physical energy even more! I can't seem to keep up! :) I love my mission, but I don't think I will be able to keep up this pace for much longer than my 18 months served. Of course I want growth, but in smaller doses, and with less physical demands on my body. :)

We have had so many amazing opportunities for lessons this week.  One that sticks out to me the most is the foster sister of Savanah (first baptism). This girl is amazing! We have been doing FHE with their family every Monday night, and while it is a struggle to get everyone together, (Sister K often says: "if anything you know you are going to laugh at the K home!" She speaks truth!) we do it and the kids are learning! The girl who we are teaching has such a fire and KNOWS that what we are teaching is true! She came up to us 2 weeks ago and asked us to help her with her personal progress and already has 2 value experiences done! She is an amazing young lady who will be baptized on May 31st.

We have had many other experiences just like that this week, but the top thing that has happened this week, is that we had a mission conference. Now for those of you who don't know: We are discouraged from having these (for reasons unbeknownst to me). So "Why?"--you ask--did we have a mission conference when we have been asked by our presiding authorities not to? Well, that is because one of the 12 Apostles asked President Collins if he could meet all of the missonaries in the Indiana, Indianapolis Mission!!! That is right! We shook hands with Elder Neil L. Andersen, on May 19, 2012!  COOLEST. THING. EVER!!!

We also met one of the newest members from the 6th Quorum of the 70.  Elder Parker is a convert to the church, and was so fun to listen to, as he was Baptist and hasn't lost the characteristics of his roots.  (Have you ever seen Pollyanna?) It was so great! He shared his testimony and conversion story, (those are always my favorite stories,) and also taught on faith and the Holy Ghost.

Then it was Elder Andersen's turn to speak, and I want you all to know that he is a man who has been called of our Heavenly Father, and he spends a lot of time in his presence! As he spoke we were taken off Indiana soil and taken somewhere higher. There aren' even words to describe it! We got to sit and learn at the feet of an Apostle, look in his eyes, and shake his hand! How many people can say they have done that?!

After they left, all of the missionaries stuck around for a while and said their hellos to people they haven't seen in a while, and say their goodbyes to those who are going home tomorrow. It was so fun to see and get to know everyone!

On our way home from Fisher's, we stopped by a lady that we have been teaching for a while, but haven't seen in a few weeks due to doctors appointments and her sons coming and "kidnapping" her for Mothers Day.  When we talked to her she told us about talking to Sister G and Sister D while she was visiting her sons in Layfette and then asked us what needs to happen for someone to join the Mormon church, and that she feels she is close to knowing the truth. HER words, not ours!!!!!! She is so amazing! She committed to coming to church, and asked us to come pick her up.  We got there and she was all dressed up nice, she came and sat through all of Sacrament meeting, even though she was in so much pain, due to health problems, that she probably went home and fell asleep for hours after! She is so amazing, and is so close to realizing the truth I think it scares her a little. We love it here in North Vernon so much! The Lord is truly blessing us!

I love you all and hope you are having a great week! You are all in my prayers, always! Be safe! Keep in touch! I love you!

LOVE,
Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment