Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Notes from Mom -- 6 March 2012

Briana just called me from the airport.  Best. Conversation. Ever!!!!!  I'm so blessed to be her mother!  And missions?  Fan-freaking-tastic!  I'm so pleased with her choice to serve.  And I'm "righteously proud" of our beautiful daughter.  And I'm so, so blessed!

At first she was a little weepy.  She's excited and nervous.  And she didn't sleep well last night.  But then we just talked.  First I just kinda talked about Primary and new babies and engagements and stuff like that. 

And then she started telling me about things in the MTC.  Elder Holland came last week.  That was a serious highlight for her.

She got to watch "Legacy" on Sunday. (Hooray for movies!)

She has loved her companion, but her companion’s mom has had a really hard time.  Sister Donaldson is getting 3 letters a day and packages all the time.  And it makes it HARD for her.  Plus, she lives about 2 miles from the MTC, so she runs into people from school and the ward all the time.  Her sorta-boyfriend is teaching at the MTC so they had to “visit” him a couple of times.  That was hard for Bri, because she didn’t want to do that kinda of work.  J

It was just an hour of really fun stuff.  And her sweet testimony.  How blessed am I!?!

I'm so excited.  And by the end of the conversation she could talk about all of it without being weepy.  She's excited, too.  That makes me so happy!

Now I have Mother's Day to look forward to!  I've always LOVED Mother's Day.  I don't believe in guilt, so I just enjoy the heck out of being a mother to my wonderful children.  So this will be the cherry on top!

Bri’s mission president and wife (President and Sister Collins) are from my friend’s stake in Bountiful, and they are friends with her parents.  She assures me that Sister Hill will be well-received and taken care of.  They will meet all 10 missionaries at the airport in Indianapolis, and the missionaries will stay at the mission home tonight.  Tomorrow they will meet their trainers and get to work.  Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment