Monday, March 12, 2012

E-mail -- First P-day in Indiana

SO! Things are going great! I am in the most southern zone af the mission, in North Vernon. My address is:

Sister Briana Hill
120 Platter Drive
North Vernon, Indiana 47265

I will be here at least until Dad's birthday, so I will get things faster if you just send to this address.
Indiana is beautiful! There are only 3 types of scenery you find here:  city, farm, amd forest. There are trees everywhere! I am looking forward to seeing them alive and green versus dead and brown. :) You know how I feel about winter.

We are serving in the HOOD of Indiana. In our area is the biggest trailer park in the U.S. It is about 67 square miles! We have some really great members of our ward that live there, but we don't tract there. Safety first! It really is a nice place, but the sisters get special treatment to keep them safe!

What did you think of Sister Collins? Isn't she just the greatest?! We got off the plane and there they were with cameras and HUGE smiles and hugs for all of us! It had been a long overwhelming day and so I, of course, started to cry when she hugged me. She just started chatting my ear off and telling Sister Donaldson and I that they were so excited to have us, and that the next 18 months were going to be just great!

We had a testimony meeting later that night and Sister Collins told us that Press Collins told her that he thinks she has a leaky spirit because she cries at EVERYTHING; and of course nobody cries alone, so I decided that you and I don't cry, our spirits are just leaky! :)  There have been a few nights here that I have cried, and that's okay cause I am growing.

Speaking of growing!
NEW COMPANION!!!!
Sister Williams is my trainer, and I have the best trainer in the mission! She is extremly spiritual, and LOVES the work. She says she is never going home, even though she is being released in 9 months.
(President says she has to go. She doesn't believe him) She absolutely, genuinely loves these humble people of North Vernon. And she says that the ward we are serving in is the greatest ward she has ever seen in her life. I met them yesterday and they are phenomenal people and are so willing to help in the work, but I know a ward that is just as good if not a little better, and I told her that!

I ran into Elder Gordon the day I got my trainer. He is training one of the elders in my district, which I thought was pretty cool.

Back to Pres. and Sister Collins. They are such fantastic people. I think the thing I remember most about that testimony meeting, (besides the spirit) was how much they kept saying how much they love eachother and if any of us doubted it, we could just ask them. It was so sweet.  They teased and laughed at eachother good naturedly, and at the end of the day, they just kept emphasizing how much they love one another.  If you ever meet them I think you will love them, and if any one ever asks you, tell them the Indiana, Indianapolis mission is the best misson in the world! And when Tay finds out where he is going, Indiana, Indianapolis is STILL the best mission ever!

Well the time is running down on the clock! I love you and will talk to you next week! Send out my address to everyone!

HUG! HUG! HUG! HUG!
HUG! HUG! HUG! HUG!
HUG! HUG! HUG! HUG!
HUG HUG! HUG! HUG!
HUG! HUG! HUG! HUG!
HUG!!! (That is 4 hugs for everyone and and extra one for you and daddy!)

-Sister Briana Hill

4 comments:

  1. From Grandma Fish: Yeah!! I had written, but caught it before the mail man picked up. She sounds wonderful!! Love you "missionary mama"!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Grandpa Fish: She is such a darling girl...our Brannah...I just mailed a letter today to the mission home. Sigh...

    "So, what's the matter with Banana?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Mark R (Mom's work buddy): Wow someone is just a little bit excited. You gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Hip hip hooray! You sound so happy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete