Monday, March 26, 2012

E-mail -- 26 March 2012

Thank you for your p-day e-mail, and I am looking forward to getting mail as well!  I am so blessed to get as much mail as I do!  Two days ago I got 3 letters:  two from Grandma and Grandpa F. and one from my Voyaging buddy, J.  It was on a day we hadn't taken any breaks so the first time we were at the house was at about 9pm, and Sister W. went to check the mail ('cause her birthday was on Thursday so she was checking for any leftover cards that might have come).  She came back to the car with those three letters for me and she said:  "It makes me sick how much mail you get!"  I told her it's because I am new there hasn't been enough time for people to be slackers at writing me.  She responded with, "Even when I was new I didn't get this much mail!"

That makes me a little sad.  There are people who love her just as much as all of your writing me love me, but she doesn't get mail.  She seems to be okay with it, though, because she is a SUPER focused missionary who loves the work and doesn't really care about what is going on at home.  But at the same time...

Well, the baptism went SO well!!!  Everyone showed up on time.  The font was filled and warm.  And MOST important the Spirit was SO strong!  I am not sure what I have told you yet, so I will just start from the beginning.

Sister W. and Sister G. (the sister I replaced) have been teaching her since November. Her family is a part-member family. She also has about 10 siblings. (A yours, mine, and ours situation) Anyway, she is 11 years old and just the sweetest spitfire you ever met! She really knows the truth and she is such an example for her family. Not only her siblings, but her parents as well.

We got to the church that night to set up. We turned off the water and found jumpsuits for her and her dad. When everyone got there, we started in the Relief Society Room and the primary chorister gave a talk on baptism. It was short and sweet and mainly from the songs in the Children's Hymn book. (Speaking of: I would like one!) Then we moved into the room with the font, opened the doors and watched them enter the water. She had to be dunked twice because some of the wording was off. Dad pulled her out of the water the second time and did a fist pump in the air! :) So funny!

We then went back into the RS room and waited for them. It didn't take very long. When they came back in Sister W. gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. It went really nice! She was so nervous! It is so funny, because she has never spent any time around children so she isn't really sure how to teach to them. I tell her it's just like sharing the gospel with investigators, except you might have to do something extremely hands on so that you keep their attention. So she packed a box with a blanket, a weight, some glasses, map, hand soap, a paper heart, and a stop sign. I will let you put the pieces together and if there are any questions I will be here. :)

Thank you for my Bof M and face wash! Sorry to be impatient! I am sorry about your calling and the meeting falling through! No fun! Heavenly Father must have something better planned coming up! :)

Sister W. keeps telling me to look at it that way instead of Satan getting in the way. HF is planning something greater, and if you are looking, its easy to spot those things.

Why are you making Bella fat?! What are you feeding her? Are you sure it's not just her hair making her look fat? This is why you have to play with her! Make her go up and down the stairs, and the hall! Jump on the tramp, and throw her bone across the yard! The little things! Plus that will make her like you! (If she doesn't already)

Tell Sassy I love her and congrats on passing this quarter, and to keep it up one more time! She can do it!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
-Sister Hill

Ps- I need wax. Hard wax will be best if you can swing it. (I would ask your couponing sister if I were you ;) Thanks, Aunt T.!!!)

LOVES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment