Monday, August 6, 2012

Letter -- 6 August 2012

Taylor has been on my mind all week. First I was thinking, "he is going to be set apart soon". Then "Oh my goodness he has been in the MTC for 24 hours already! How is he doing? What is he doing?! I am just positive he is loving every minute!"

I kinda felt bad that I didn't have a letter to him on his first day there, I know how much I love letters, but he is probably so caught up in the work that he could care less. I also realized that NOBODY has given me his address yet..............GUILT!................(but I don't say a word, not one word! (Name it!))

This has been a really good week in North Vernon. We have been on the bikes this week. Mom, remember when we started biking, and we would get off, and comment on how something needed to be added to the bike to make for a not so sore ride. Yeah... But it has been fun. It is a lot more fun than walking; however, on Saturday we biked, and it was SO humid!!!! I finally experienced Indiana "regular weather." I could barely breathe, and I was soaking after 2 minutes. We tracted for a little while then drove to CSL and biked around there trying some potentials and less-active members, then we had a lesson with one of our recent converts, and as we were sitting in their house, they had the AC going and because I was soaking wet I was shivering! Both Sister Castleton and I were sitting there thinking: "We hope we don't get pneumonia!" But it was fun.

We have a couple baptisms scheduled in the next few weeks. We are not really sure if either are going to be able to happen because of a couple things, but they are so close that it would be a bummer for them not to make it now. But in the Lord's time and in His way.

Can you believe transfers are coming up again? I am not sure what I want to happen. I love North Vernon, but I keep thinking that there is more I can learn in other places. Maybe that is my challenge, I need to find what I can learn here.

Another thing that I am really looking forward to is that General Conference is at the end of this next transfer! And because it is October, that also means its the General Relief Society session! Cant wait! Isn't that nuts that conference is in about 8 weeks?! Where did the time go?

We have another busy week ahead of us: Zone Conference is on Friday, and we will be going on exchanges Friday night to Saturday night! I love exchanges! This time I get to go up to Bloomington and stay with Sister Elmer and Sister Donaldson. Sister Castleton is staying here and Sister Berrett is going to be her Comp. I am excited to work in a trio for a day, to see what that is like. Plus Sister Elmer and I got a chance to get to know one another a little bit at Sisters training, and found out that we are kindred spirits! And I will get to work with Sister Donaldson again! This is going to be a good weekend!

Well that is it for now, we have a lot to do today to prepare for the rest of the week! (Hence why it is call "Preparation" Day. It does not say lazy day.)

I love you all! M&D Happy Anniversary! I love you so much! Thank you for honoring your temple covenants, and for choosing me as your daughter in the pre-mortal life! I love you!

-Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment