Monday, August 13, 2012

What A Week! -- 13 August 2012

So, on Saturday night (about 8:45) I went out to the mailbox, as it had not been checked for 2 days. Best. Mail-Day. Ever! 5 letters, all for me! One from Mom, Grandma Hill, Grandma Fish, My Bestest Friend Brittany (finally!), and one from her cousin, Elder Cosper! Letters from most of my favorite people! (You others already know who you are, (Landon)) Anyway, it was a great surprise!

This week has been really great!

Monday: We did a super deep clean of our apartment, because we have a little roommate that we didn't invite. When we went out shopping, we also bought a sticky trap to catch this little roommate. We also did a few outside jobs that we have been neglecting. My job was to weed. You know how I LOVE that job. I actually got a pretty blister on the side of my pointer finger, because several of those things did not want to come out of the ground! It was really satisfying to see what our driveway looked like when I was done, though.

We had dinner with Bishop Klingler and his great family that night, then they were doing several projects around the house that he got the whole family working on that day. It reminded me so much of Mom, when you finally get fed up with the house and the yard, and you wake us up ridiclously early for a Saturday, and demand that we spend an hour outside (you know what your grandma would say...)  Then we have to come in, pick up all of our poop, and then don't leave our rooms until they are spotless, which usually took until about 5.  Then we would have Arctic for dinner, and go see a movie.

So now that I have rambled for so long... We went and had a lesson, bringing one of his daughters with us.  When we got back, we pitched in and helped as much as we could before we had to go home for the night.

Jumping to Friday: Zone Conference! I think some of my fondest memeories of my mission will be when any part of the mission has gathered together to learn from one another, President and Sister Collins, and an Apostle. That's right! We had another Apostle visit and teach us. (Sister C. says I must be really naughty: The First Presidency has to keep sending apostles to check on me!) Elder Golden from the 70, and his wife came and taught us. It was super neat!

After Conference we went on exchanges! Yay for exchanges! I got to go to Bloomington for 24 hours with Sisters D. and E.! They are most fantastic Sisters and it was such a priveledge to work and learn from them! Sister D. has grown so much since the MTC! Of course she was trained by "The-Energizer-Bunny"  And Sister E. is just fantastic! She has also been comps with Sister C., so she wanted to know everything about how she/we are doing. So many things learned that I love implementing in our work!

So, I have a few comments and questions from the letters I received.

Mom: Is the Grand Caynon trip open to all, or is it just an anniversary trip?

Grandma Fish: I AM being well looked after! I have absolutly ZERO complaints about this North Vernon Ward! They are super fantastic! I will be sad to leave when that day comes.

Oh! Story along great ward lines!

Yesterday, we had dinner at the Klinglers (again), and this time we had an investigator couple (the Polleys) come with us. Two of our ward missionaries are the bishop's twin daughters who are here for the summer, and both of them have been awsome about coming with us to this couple's home. A few weeks ago we had dinner at the Polleys' home, so this time we asked the Klinglers to host. Bishop and Sister Klingler clicked SO well with them! Dinner lasted forever because everyone was talking and laughing so long! Then we had a lesson on the temples. We watched the movie the church put together, Between Heaven and Earth.  AMAZING!!!! You could just see Brother Polley's wheels turning in his head! Something clicked last night! They are both so close, yet so far away! I think they can see how close they are getting, and are getting a little nervous about what it means IF what we are teaching is true! AHHH!!!! So cool! I love missionary work!

I love you all at home, but I don't ever want to do anything else! (You may not see me again ;) )

Well family, I am out of time! I love you so much, and can't wait to hear from you again! Remember to pray for missionary opportunities! (You might even go visit the Montgomery's.  They might have something you can help with!)

Loves!

-Sister Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment