Monday, July 9, 2012

Letter -- 4 July 2012

Dearest familia!

So in my email, I said I had a list of stuff to say.  It's not so much a list, as notes I take when I am trying to fall asleep.

So the first thing is that every night I say:  "Good night!" to Sister C., who then responds: "Sleep tight."  Sometimes I say: "Don't let the bedbugs bite!" and then she says:"If they do, hug 'em real tight!"

Anyway it's had me thinking about all our little sayings we used to do.  You know when we went to bed before you did ;) (most of the time ;)).  Well, the one that has been stuck in my brain is: "Angels on your pillows!"

I loved that bedtime routine.  I remember being so sad when tucking in and waking up in the morning changed as we got older.  I knew as long as I was tucked in, or I heard Mom's voice, or Dad was squeezing my toes, I was safe.  I was still at home in bed, and that I would be okay.

One of my more recent memories that is a favorite is the night I came home late from Logan, and nobody knew I was coming, but I grabbed my mattress, and fell asleep on the living room floor.  Next thing I know, Mom is 1,000 kissing me softly and gently like she could do it forever.  I knew I was home, loved, safe, and always welcome.  And I am so grateful for that.  Not everybody has that and I want you to know that I love you too!

The second thing on my random thoughts list is a question for Daddy:  What more can I do to help my feet?  I use the lax ball every night and morning.  I am leaning into the cabinet when I brush my teeth, and I am stretching my I.T. band, but my feet are still plantar fascitis sore in the morning.  So is there anything else I can do to help?  Just keep doing what I am doing?  I did some tapotement earlier this week, and that helped.  Should I be doing that more regularly?  Anything else?  Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

So baptism story!  I think I told you that we filled the font, and it was too hot.  That was funny.  People were making jokes that that wasn't the baptism by fire yet.  :)  They are a really sweet family.  The wife is a member, and kinda less active, but SUPER sweet lady!  Anyway they brought a ton of food afterward, and it was so nice.  Brother F. invited his sister and her grandkids and his niece.  The niece is really interested and we have an appointment with her tomorrow.

Sunday was an amazing day!  When they confirmed him, I suddenly realized that it has been one year exactly since I decided to serve a mission!  I decided to serve the first Sunday in July, 2011.  How crazy is that?!  Again, I felt so loved when I came home and told y'all.  (Sorry, Tay, if I stole your thunder!)  Crazy how time flies!  One year seems like a long time, but I will be home before you even have time to blink!

My other question is: How is Sister C. doing?  She has been on my mind a lot this week.  I hope she is doing well.  Any other development with Grandpa A.?  Are Grandmas still doing o.k.?

You all are always in my prayers!  I love you so much!  Walk Doofy for me!

Love always,

Sister Hill

P.S.  Transfers are the 11th.  I will know IF I am leaving on Monday the 9th.  I won't actually know where I will go (if I go) until the 11th.  Just F.Y.I.  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment