Monday, July 23, 2012

I Just Know I Am Hungry...AW DA TIME!!

We had a WONDERFUL Special Sisters Conference this past week! I felt so blessed to have the opportunity to serve with the wonderful sisters in this mission. We are also VERY WELL taken care of by our wonderful mission president and his amazing wife! Our assistants to President are pretty great too!

We were so spiritually and temporally well fed! We got there and had a testimony meeting, and then had time to get to know one another and ice cream. It was then time for bed, so we had "family" prayer (can I say again how much I love President Collins!) He and the assitants then left so that we could shower and change and make our beds (you know those mattresses that Gma & Gpa Fish have? ya those) and all that jazz. I ended up massaging several of the sisters, including both of my previous comps! <3

It was so much fun to catch up with both of them! Sister Williams is training again! How great is she?! And Sister Donaldson is doing just great and had wonderful words of encouragement! They both filled me in on their family (especially their missionary brothers) and I did the same thing. (We all just love you guys so much! Most especially those elders!)

After a while of laughing and catching up and the beds set up and showers taken, Sister Collins came down and said that she had had the word from The-Man-Upstairs that it was time to go to bed so we would be awake and alert for training the next day. So at 12:30 the lights finally went out and we laid down to go to bed. :) It was still 10:30 in Utah, so we weren't being disobedient. ;p

The alarm went off way too early! But we got up, those who didn't shower the night before got up and showered, the rest of us got ready, and went upstairs to see what we could do to help with breakfast. We had a lot of leftover, cause Sister Collins is used to cooking for elders. Elders eat a lot. Sisters, not so much. :)

After breakfast was cleaned up, we started training.  You would not believe the Spirit that was there. I am surrounded by some amazing sisters in this here mission! (Best mission in the world!!!! ps). It was like a physical wall that went up and kept Satan and his angels out and invited our Heavenly Father's spirit in. I came out of that conference so extremely full, I could not believe it!

The rest of the week has been kind of dull compared to that. Not that awesome things didn't happen! They did! But there is just something about gathering with other missionaries in prayer and learning of spiritual things!

I am telling you, everybody who is anybody comes to Indiana on their mission! Have I mentioned that it is the best mission in the world?!

I love you all! Hope you had a good laugh and hope you are doing well! I love you!

-Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment