Monday, February 11, 2013

New Transfer. New Place. New Me. -- Monday, 11 February 2013

Ending and starting a transfer is always a shock to the system. It shakes and rattles you. Makes you sad, and stressed (and if  you're me you cry).

But there is also excitement and a new energy. I am feeling re-energized, and full of hope this transfer. I have been sent back to Lafayette, but on the West Side. My companion is Sister F. She is from Haiti, but has lived in the US for the past 8 years. She makes me laugh a lot! This is going to be a great transfer!

So, did you know: EVERY. Sister in the Indiana, Indianapolis Mission is training right now? Except Sister F and I. (How we did that I don't know.) We got 9 new sisters in the mission this week. We had 18 before, now we have 26!!! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!The Gospel will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent!! (I really should have chosen that to go on my plaque!) AHH! So exciting!

I had a realization last week. This Wednesday, I have been a missionary for an entire year. !!!!!!!!!!

I know what you are thinking! "Nu-uh! I was just at her setting apart a couple months ago!" Yep. You're right. About 12 to be exact. Set apart the day before Valentines Day....  Weird.

Anyway, I realized all of this, and I have new determination to do things 110%. Now don't start thinking I have been a slacker, cause I haven't, but I realized how fast the next 5 transfers are going to go. (AHHH!!! I can count on one hand how many transfers I have.) Especially since this transfer is only 5 weeks, and we are already at the start of week 2!

So my new address is:
2330 Northwestern Ave Apt #3
West Lafayette, IN. 47906


Anyway, life is good here in Indiana! I love everything about missionary work! The church is true! I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and support! They have lifted me up immensely!

Love Always!
Sister Hill

1 comment: