Monday, February 25, 2013

Examples -- 25 February 2013

Hello Family! (and friends!)

This has been a good week. We have been a little frustrated, because we are doing everything that we can think of to find new investigators, but we haven't found them yet.  But the Holy Ghost and I have became pretty close this week, and he has kept me from getting discouraged. He will bring a scripture or a quote to my mind. Mainly, I have thought about pages 10 & 121 in Preach My Gospel. God is Greater.

We are working with 2 really great people right now. The first is S. She is hoping to be baptized in March, but she has been really sick, so we have not been able to meet. But we are working hard and she is very committed. This is what she wants, and she knows she has things to do, to do it the right way.

The other is J. He just turned 9. His dad was baptized about a year ago, and J has wanted to be baptized ever since then. The thing that has held him back is his mom. She wanted to make sure he understood what he was doing, and that he wasn't just doing it because all his new friends at church were doing it, too. They sat down and talked the other night, and she has given permission, so we are going ahead full swing, and hope to set a date with him very soon. He is so cute! He got up and bore his testimony yesterday! It was so special for me to see how prepared he has been this last year, meeting with the missionaries, and coming to church on the weekends he is with his dad!

Both of these people make me very grateful for great examples in all of our lives! I know that I have had so many I can't even count! I think the one that stands out to me the most is my younger sister. She has been sick from the time she was in about 2nd grade, and no doctor has yet found out what is wrong with her.

Because of her health she has been in and out of school; missed out on, or too sick to truly enjoy trips with family or friends; sleeps most time, because she has no energy to do anything else; if she has "too much fun" 1 day, she is down for 10; on and on the list goes, but never once have I heard her say: "Why me?" or "It's not fair."  She has only prayed for the strength and courage to get through the day. But she doesn't "just get through" she serves others, she ALWAYS has a beautiful smile on. She is always seeing what else can be done. She does the job with a happy face, and not just a happy face, but a happy heart.

I have the blessing to have her as my sister!!! I could go on and on about the wonderful examples I have in my life! I am so grateful for those that Heavenly Father has given me, to show me how blessed I really am!

I have many new examples I have met in just the last year!

Each and every one of my companions I have learned something from. They have help me grow and be a better person.

Sister W, Sister O, Sister L, Bishop K, Brother F, the L's, the K's, Sister H, Sister H, J, and many, many more!
And of course would I have any gratitude for the amazing examples if I didn't mention President and Sister C?! They have been the best teachers and leaders that I have ever had the privilege of serving with! Not only because of the amazing way they teach, but because of the genuine people that they are! I will be forever grateful to have served 16/18 months with them!

Thank you all, as well for being those examples in my life. I love you all, and am very grateful for you! Now, (challenge time) tell me, who is someone that has been an example to you in your life?

I love you! Have a great week!

Love, Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment