Friday, November 16, 2012

Time of New Beginnings -- 12 November 2012

I know it isn't New Year's yet, and you may get the same subject line when January 1st rolls around, but it is transfers this week, and for a missionary, it's kinda just like New Year's.

I am not leaving the YSA, but Sister Bonner is. I am sad and slightly nervous. I can feel God is preparing me for a lot of growth in this next transfer, and that refiners fire is HOT! However with the Lord all things are possible, and I know He won't give me more than I can handle. In my Bible reading (I am not sure if I told y'all, but I plan to have the entire Bible read before I come home) I started Job yesterday, and I am telling you, it isn't a happy book.

Basically: Satan bets God that if He takes everything away from Job, that Job will turn his back on God, and Satan will win Job's heart. Well of course God knows Job's heart, and knows he wouldn't do that, but to prove it to Satan, God says: "Do what you want, just don't kill him."

.........

Now, Sister Bonner and I were talking, and being the imperfect humans we are, we were shocked, and basically said: "If we were Job and we found out God did that to us we would....."

I have had that conversation in my head since yesterday morning. What would you do if you were Job? What are things in your life that you have been called to pass through, and didn't know why? Has there ever been something in your life that other people have said: "Man, I am glad I am not them right now!"? Have you ever said that about someone else?

A scripture I found early in my mission is D&C 122:7-8. I particularly love the question posed in 8. "Art thou greater than he?" (talking of Our Savior)

Trials come. Bad things happen to good people. Life isn't fair! We can scream, and curse, and rage, and be mad, and sad, and, and, and! But in the end, what matter is the growth that has occurred. Whether you like it or not, you have grown, you will be blessed for the trials you are asked to go through. And every trial is tailor made for you. And if you endure well, those blessings (and more) are still yours!

So, here we go. On another adventure with new trials, and exciting things happening.

I love you all, and hope you are doing well! You are in my prayers! I love you very much!

With all my love,

Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment