Monday, November 26, 2012

Holidays -- 26 November 2012

First off: Thank you all for all of the birthday wishes!!! They have made my day!

I have been treated like a queen by Sister Tagg all day yesterday, and today! I keep thinking it's just a normal day, but she is being super EXTRA nice to me. (I say extra cause she is always nice to me!) Last night at dinner, the member who fed us remembered that it was my birthday, and they made a cake, and put 2 matches on it, and sang Happy Birthday! It was so sweet of them, and all I could think, was: "Mom, I am well taken care of. (Even if it is a singles ward)" :)

This morning while I was in the shower, Sister Tagg Made french toast for breakfast! I am a lucky Sister Missionary, I have the best companion in the mission! ... That is actually not true, I guess she is tied with all my other companions. I have just been a lucky Sister!

We don't have any super-awesome-amazing-rockin'-awesome plans for the day, but all of the birthday wishes I have received have absolutely made my day! Sister Tagg got me a button to pin on my shirt that says: "Birthday Girl" Its pink and huge, and obnoxious, but I love it!

Thanksgiving was good. I got a little homesick for the my "normal" Thanksgiving. But for the most part I was just grateful for all that I have, and that I even got to celebrate Thanksgiving.

There is a Sister in our ward who is flying to Utah right now because she is reporting to the MTC on Wednesday. She is going to the (I am going to butcher this [sorry Uncle Brant])  Nagoya, Japan Mission. We are all super excited for her, and she is going with nothing but confidence! Honestly, she reminds me of Mama Montgomery. Her "farewell" was super fun to be at.

Well folks. Christmas is just around the corner, and It is finally getting chilly here. We had a 5 second flurry of snow 3 weeks ago, but since then nothing. I am not complaining mind you. I will keep it warm as long as possible. People are predicting a bad winter this year because last year was so mild. Yuck! And I will be the designated driver (most likely, since after this transfer [when Sister Williams and Stanford go home] I will be the 4th oldest Sister Missionary in Indiana. How did that happen?!)

Anyway, They did a big celebration of turning on the Lights downtown the day after Thanksgiving. We were PCing down there and saw the dress rehearsal, and then later on our way home for the night we saw the FIREWORKS!!!! (Why doesn't Temple Square do that?!)  Anyway, I would like to come back and see that show one day. Parentals, I really think you would enjoy Indy. There is A TON to do and see, and I cute little river walk that goes through the middle of downtown that I keep seeing Daddy running on, and Mom looking at all the art!

Anyway, I love Indy, and am going to miss it when I am asked to leave, whenever that may be. I love you all, and thanks again for all of the birthday wishes!

Love always, Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment