Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What a Week! -- 3 December 2012

So.... This week has been pretty cool!

Monday: Birthday! Greatest day ever! Thank you all for the love you sent!

Mama: when I got home from the li-barry, there on the doorstep was a bright pink package! Super exciting! Don't worry: Sister T took lots of pictures while I was opening!

Bestest Friend: Your letter also came right on Monday and was one of my favorites. I HOPE to be hearing more from you, but I know life is super crazy.

Special thanks to all of my wonderful grandparents! The consistency of your love and encouragement has been such a blessing not only on my mission, but my whole life!

Monday night was FHE, and we made gingerbread houses. Don't worry: a member of the branch took the time to make REAL gingerbread AND put the houses all together.  All we had to do was decorate! It was so dang much fun! One of our investigators came, and he decorated one of the gingerbread men (yes, she made little men to go with the houses) as a missionary! He put a tie on it and everything! It was so cute!

Sister T, sneaky Sister mish that she is, told everyone it was my birthday, and would they sing to me at some point. So all of the sudden about an hour in the ENTIRE cultural hall is singing "Happy Birthday!" I was very red, but also very pleased!

Afterward we were talking to one of the guys who works at the totally amazing Children's Museum (that is NOT open on Mondays) and he told us that on the 17th of this month it will be open, and that he would hold some tickets for us to go!!! YAY!! I am SOO excited! We have heard that this is a super fun place to go! Plus! It's Christmas time!!! Need I say more?

Wednesday: (Yes I know I skipped Tuesday) Wednesday, we went up to the mission home to hang out with President and Sister C. and the assistants. Just kidding, we weren't hanging out, we had a campus missionary special training. We loved it, and came away totally uplifted, and REALLY ready to get to work, and apply what we learned on campus! We also all went out to lunch (about 17 missionaries).  Since Sister T. and I were the only Sisters who went we got the privilege of sitting with President and Sister C. and laugh and talk with them. I love watching the two of them interact! You can tell they are crazy about each other! I have been so blessed with so many examples of what a great marriage looks like! Thank you so much to you all! Especially Mom and Dad! You are the best, and I couldn't ask for better parents!

After the training, I went up to talk to President C. one on one. I truly love my mission president! I know you all think you have/had the best one, but I am telling you, I WIN!!! He gave me some advice that I went home and applied right away, and the remainder of this week has just flown, full of the spirit! He was called here for me! (And Indiana is the BEST Mission on the earth!)

We have done a lot of walking this week. Applying what we learned, (and also this area just struggles with commitment. Can't be that we are in a YSA area?)

I got a very sweet letter from one of my best friends on Saturday! You know who you are, and I want you to know, that this has never been a one-sided friendship! I am forever grateful for you, and all you teach me as well! And thank you for waiting for me! ;)

Today: We left the house early (after study! Stop thinking I am disobedient!) and headed to.........LUCAS OIL STADIUM!!!! We (the whole zone) had a private tour that a member in a neighboring ward paid for us to go. It was so neat! That is a really cool building! I kept thinking: "My family, especially Uncles, would be dying right now!" We stood on the 50 yard line. Went into the Colts locker room, (the guide showed us Payton Manning's exact locker!) For the most part it wasn't "big-whoop" to me and the other sisters, BUT it was SO fun to watch the Elders. They thought they had died and gone to heaven! We have one Elder in my district who is only serving an 18 month mission, because he has a contract to play football for BYU next fall. So, he was soaking everything up! :)

Lisa, I got some really great pics, so when you go scrapbook paper shopping, look for Colts stuff! :)

I love you all and hope you have a great week! I echo Elder Hill's challenge. You will be such a powerful tool in the Lord's hands if you are serving your brothers and sisters! Keep the faith! Talk to you soon!

Love, Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment