Monday, December 10, 2012

Busy Week... -- 10 December 2012

And yet, not busy at all. Because we are YSA, we work on campus a lot. And as some of you know, it's finals time. Now what does that mean? It means a lot of walking for the Sisters, as everyone else runs away. (Faster than they did before. Seriously, it is so funny how fast people run away! You can almost hear them saying: "RUN! The Mormons are here to get us to join their cult!!!!")

But this week has been really good! We went on exchanges this week, and it just so happened that Sister T went up to Lafayette with Sister C, and Sister S came to the YSA with me!!!! We had a lot of fun catching up on each other and Lafayette, and how our investigators were doing. We had So. Dang. Much. Fun!

We had a lesson with one of our investigators that we are just not sure what the best thing to do for him is. So "What do you do in those situations, Sister Hill?" is what you ask. Well I will answer you. You call and invite President C to join you for a lesson. Yes, that is right, folks. President C came and taught with us. It was pretty fun! A little bit intimidating, as both he and our investigator are very intelligent people! They had a whole conversation, and Sister S and I understood the words they were saying but as to their meaning, we were totally clueless! Haha!

This morning we met with a referral (that President C had given us earlier in the week) at the mission home with him there. :) It was a really great lesson! The woman we met is a sweetheart who was recently diagnosed with MS. She is getting shots every week that make her feeling flu-like, and she absolutely HATES it. It threw me back to the past for a minute. I don't remember much of when you were diagnosed, but I remember a lady coming to the house and you giving shots to an orange. I remember you saying that you would be sick for a few days, then have a few good days, and have to start the whole thing over again.

I remember when Ash came home from S's house totally freaked out, because Mama B didn't remember Ash, and S telling her that her mom had had a really bad MS day.

I was reminded today how grateful I am for the blessing that I have a healthy mother who does normal stuff, and is not wheelchair bound, and can talk, and just be normal, even though she technically has this disease that should be debilitating. I am grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation--that I know who I am and why I am here on this earth, and I am grateful for the knowledge that those who are in pain and miserable in this life will be okay and at peace after this life, and that it's not far away. Life is very short. We are here for a specific purpose (see Alma 34:32).

We had a "Why I Believe" fireside last night. I have come to love those! I love hearing recent converts bear their testimonies on the truths that they have come to know for themselves. I love being around my brothers and sisters who have found the joy and peace that the gospel brings.

Thank you to all who have shown me that joy throughout the years! Whether you were a priesthood/YW leader, a surrogate parent, a sibling, or a friend. You have all shown me the good news of the gospel, and you are why I am out here! I love you all! Can't wait to talk to you!

Love Sister Hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment