Monday, October 15, 2012

Very Nice Week -- 15 October 2012

It has been a good week. On Wednesday Sister W. got her new companion and they have hit the ground running in their area. It has been a little strange to just go back to the two of us here in the YSA. (Which I know sounds crazy, as I have only ever had 1 other person with me, but we all worked our trio really well!)

The YSA is truly something to get used to. We can only tract in certain places because we are not looking for families (WEIRD). We are looking for: Young. Single. Adults. Who are under the age of 30 and don't have 2 or 3 kids (because that constitutes as a "family"). 

Yesterday was the best day! We have 1 o'clock church (because we are in the YSA) so we got in our full morning study. Then we had our missionary coordination meeting, then branch counsel, then Sacrament meeting started. I love sacrament meeting! And I had a blast-from-the-past moment. One of the girls who lives in the North Vernon ward comes the the Indy YSA branch! So we caught up on some people in the ward, and one of the ward missionaries who moved to Idaho at the end of the summer for school, and is S's best friend, she is getting married at the end of December, and was one of my favorite ward missionaries! Anyway that was fun!

At the end of the night we had a "Why I Believe" fireside, which, for those of you who don't know (I am not sure if these are done everywhere,) is a fireside where recent converts come and tell everyone how they found the Church, or how the Church found them (aka missionaries!). But anyway, they come and share their testimonies of the gospel. The purpose of these is to bring investigators to see that "normal" people made a huge leap of faith and are now being blessed for it! This is my second one, and it was absolutely wonderful! Sister W, Sister E (new Temple Square sister) and I were all asked to perform a musical number. We sang I Am a Child of God. It went pretty good. There was nothing but nice things said (of course, "if you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all." right!?).  Anyway, it was just a really nice day.

 I love you all! Hope you are having a good week!

-Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment