Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Email -- Monday, 16 April 2012

Thank you again for the protein! I absolutely love it, as does Sister Williams!  She was really reluctant to try it cause it looks so weird, but she really liked it.

I did get the wax.... THANK YOU AUNT TIFF!!! I no longer look like a man, and I am sure all of Indiana appreciates that. :)

Exchanges went really well, but we were all excited to get back to the normal routine. I was so excited to see Sister Williams back! What am I going to do when it's time for us to exchange? There are exchanges this week, but we won't be going as I have another 6 weeks of "training." I am hoping that Sister Williams and I have another 6 weeks after that together in North Vernon, cause we both just love this ward/area SO much. I would be happy to stay here the rest of my mission. But there probably would be a whole lot of growth. I think I should stay here my first 6 months, travel the rest of Indiana the middle six months, and that last 6 months come back here! But you know, as the Lord directs.

It has been a pretty good week.  We have taught over 10 lessons, and have spent the rest of our time finding (tracting), which is not as bad as I have heard in the past.

I might have said this before, but the members of this ward are just so fantastic! They take care of us so well. Yesterday in Priesthood/RS we sent around a meal calander for people to sign up to feed us this month. (We have been slackers about getting this handed out because we normally do on the first Sunday of the month, but as that was General Conference, then Easter, things haven't really worked out that way).

Anyway we passed it around, and then afterward we had to talk to the RS pres for a minute.  When we got up to her she asked what time we wanted dinner. We were kinda confused, so we (in a very confused manner) said "Huh?" She told us that she had signed up to feed us that night. We're like "you dont have to do that!" and "It's such short notice!" and she shrugged and said, "Nobody else was going to, and you have to eat."

That is the attitude of EVERYONE in this ward. They all know us, and love us, and pray for us, and feed us, etc. etc. etc!

When I get home, I hope I can be that kind of member to the missionaries serving in the area I live.

Well time is up. I love you all! Thank you for your prayers on my behalf! Also, when you write me, please tell me about your conversion story. How did you find out for yourself that this is the one true gospel on this earth? That Christ lives? That Joseph Smith and and those prophets that came after him, are true prophets of God? That they hold the keys to the everlasting priesthood? That you are a beloved son/daughter of God? And how you have seen His hand in your lives?

I love you all and know that this gospel is true, and blesses our lives every day!

-Be all the Be's
-Stand for truth and righteousness
-Return with honor
-Don't cwash da caw
-Don't say bad wads
-Remember who you are
-And all that jazz!

-Sister Hill

P.S.
The pictures of Tali never came through, could you please resend them?
Also guess what?! My camera fell and is now broken! :_(     What do I do now?

2 comments:

  1. Grandma Fish: What a great report. This is such a wonderful experience for her! We love that girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa Fish: She's a good girl.

    ReplyDelete