Monday, April 23, 2012

Email-- 23 April 2012

Dearest Family!

Things have been marvelous down here in North Vernon! We have taught many many lessons, there are a few committed to baptism, a few that we had to drop :( and had many, many laughs!

Today, so far here at the computer lab the computer has already shut down on me once, so if I all the sudden cut something short that is what has happened and you will just have to wait until I am home to hear the rest of the story. :)

The first thing I want to mention is my thanks for the letters and packages that have been recieved this week! Daddy, I started laughing so hard when I got yours! We have not had our marshmallow fight yet, we are trying to think of a fantastic place where we could go to have an EPIC marshmallow fight! Also, thank you for the boondoggle.  I dont know when I am going to have time to do it, but I am grateful for it anyway!

Something that happened this week that made an impression on me is that on Tuesday we went to the grocery store (we were not being disobedient, our money was late in coming so we had to put it off for a day). As we were checking out there was a man in the next check-out who kept glancing up at us. As we were walking out, so was he. He seemed a little hesitant to talk to us, but then told us that we have nice smiles, and our eyes seemed very light. We said thank you and of course smiled even bigger, because we have gotten that a lot. People can SEE the light of Christ in our eyes.

This man was dressed very nicely, and had on a high dark turtle neck, with a v-neck sweater over the top, which makes me think that he was some sort of reverend (cause who else would wear a turtle neck in this weather?!).  Anyway the last thing he said to us was: "Anyone can see that you are on the Lord's errand.  Thank you for your dedication."

We then seperated and went to our own cars, waved to eachother as we drove out, and we will probably never see that man again. How neat is it that not only could he see the light of Christ in our eyes, but that he recognized and acknowledged it!? I will forever be grateful for this stranger who re-inforced in my mind my calling, and the tag I wear, and whose name is right next to mine.

Have a good week, family! I love you all!!! Find some way to share your light!

-Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment