Saturday, February 18, 2012

First Letter! 15 and 16 February 2012

Dearest Family!
  Today has been so long!  I am so exhausted!  So far all is well.  I like my rommates.  Two are going to Armenia and keep saying things I don't understand.  My other roommate is in a threesome companionship with the Armenians but is going to Latvia, which I think is way cool too!  My comp is Sis. D.  She is also going to Indiana and so far I love her.  We are very like.  She likes to sew.  She is always happy, and she is helping me be social and get to know everyone.  Well not everyone, but other sisters.
  At dinner we sat with two sisters.  One was from Sandy, and the other is from England.  How cool right?   We have also met a sister from Scotland.  Her accent isn't super thick, but still fun to listen to.  And man, does she have an opinon.  She is super nice, but tonight we taught our first discussions.  We were all in a big group and taguht three different people.  Anyway, when she got her turn she wasn't the least bit shy about telling it how it was, which is going to make her an awesome missionary.
  Anyway, things are going well.  Thanks for keeping it together when you dropped me off.  It was helpful!
  I love you!
  Your missionary,
  Sister Hill

  So I have a little more time today.  Yay!
  The other sister companionship we have in our districts is Sisters B. and K.  Sis. B. is from Logan and Sis. K. is from Hawaii!  They are the only two in our district who aren't going to IN-IND.  They are going to the Knoxville Tennessee mission.
  You really get baptized by fire here.  We got here, we dropped our stuff off, got a couple of packets and went straight to class, then dinner, then our first disussion.  Then unpack and bed.  We kept getting asked if we had this or that in our packets but we didn't have any time to look until about 9:00 p.m.!  But slowly we are learning our way around.  It's super hard, cause all the buildings look the exact same!
  Dad, you were right, p.s., I did have a cold shower this morning.  I was up at six cause they have workouts every morning for the sisters.  Today was yoga and all my roommates wanted to go.
  End of day now.  We had a lot of classroom time today.  I don't know why people complain about the food, I quite enjoy it!  I am so tired I am going to bed.  I am tired!!!  Loves (again) -- Bri

1 comment:

  1. Laurie Adams Fish: I am so glad you are blogging all these wonderful things. So much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete