Saturday, February 25, 2012

23 February 2012 -- MTC

My dearest family!

It is Sunday morning at 9:20.  We are waiting for Music and the Spoken Word to begin.  I have been waiting all week for p-day to come so I can write you again!  Not that I am homesick, but I have so much I want to tell you!  Every night I find myself composing letters after lights out!  It's maddening!  I NEED sleep!  I am so physically exhausted from being so spiritually fed, I can't shut my brain off.  To give you any idea of what I am talking about read JSH:20.

...waiting...

Except I can't sleep!!!  Anyway some W of W from this sister missionary:

Taylor:  Read, Read, Read, Study, read, and re-read Chp 4 in PMG.  I wish I had.  Also pg 176 -- 177 are excellent lead-ins to sharing the gospel.

Everyone else:  Start praying for missionary opportunities!  Don't underestimate the power of example, and opening your mouth.  I know it seems scary but it's easier than you think.

So now it's Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2012.  P-day!  WOOT!  We had the opportunity to go to the temple today, such a nice break!

So here is the rundown of the last week:

Wed:  Drop off luggage, pick up badge, books, get picture taken, get swipe card.  Go to class, get to know district a little.  Went to a meeting with all 380 new missionaries!  Met the MTC Presidency.  Dinner.  Had our first teaching experience (which I think I told you about.)  Met our zone leaders, unpacked.   BED.  (finally!)

Thur:  5:50 Arise, go do yoga, get ready for day, breakfast @ 7:20, personal study for an hour, workshop, personal study for an hour, immunizations (p.s.  did you fax that thing?), another hour of personal study, lunch @ 11:50, into class at 12:30 -- 3:30, personal study, dinner @ 4:50, personal study, 6:30 meeting branch presidency, interview w/ them, fast tour with ZL's, 9:30 personal time & comp prayer.  10:30 lights out!

Fri:  6:30 arise & prepare, breakfast 7:20, service 7:50 -- 9:05, half hr to prep for next activity, district study for an hour, gym for an hour.  Lunch at 11:50, class @ 12:30 -- 3:30, zone teaching*, dinner @ 4:50, class 5:30 -- 8:30, personal study time 8:30 -- 9:30, personal time, bed.

Etc. Etc.  Etc.  Etc! Etc!! Etc!!!

Talk about baptized by fire!  I haven't stopped since I got here a week ago!  To me it feels as if I have already been here a month!  So cool!  And overwhelming!  And exhausing!  And exciting!  And any more interjections you can think of!

*So zone teaching is where about 3 different classes (districts) combine together, split into new companionships, and investigators and we teach them as though they are real investigators.  Super cool!

Then, we have TRC.  TRC is where we go and teach actual investigators, and inactives! AHHH!  It has been SO cool!  The two sisters we are teaching are such neat ladies!  The one is from Guatemala.  She is so humble and so loving.  Her family is everything to her!  The other is from Cali.  She is a member but hasn't been active since high school.  Her family also is the world to her.  She is very logical and very eager to read about Joseph Smith.  It will be interesting to see where both of these ladies end up.

So now that I have been here for a week, I realized there was some stuff I left home that I shouldn't have:
  • My family quote/picture book
  • My copy of the GC Nov Ensign
  • Sticky notes
  • SOS running shirt
  • Sports bra
  • Scripture mastery card
  • Big bottle of contact solution
  • Handkerchief
  • Resolve laundry stick or Tide To Go
  • Hand mirror
  • Black tights
  • Mechanical pencil (I have lead in my pen jar.  I like the pencils that Mom uses for Sudoku)
I love you all and think about you always!

Love,  Bri (Sister Hill)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading her letters and her experiances! How wonderful for her! I love that she has grown so much in just a week and I love that we all know that she should have taken her sports bra! Lol! Thanks so much for sharing this stage of her experiance with us! It strengthens more than just her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Bri is amazing. I'm glad she's having (what sounds like) BEAUTIFUL experiences.

    ReplyDelete